One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting a branch of the Finno-Ugric language family including only Hungarian and the Ob-Ugric languages.
- ‘The two nations share a common Fenno-Ugric ethnic background including languages that are close to each other.’
- ‘For Finno-Ugric genetics, which do not necessarily align with Finno-Ugric linguistics, see this related page written by another scholar for Virtual Finland.’
- ‘The Finnish and Ugric languages diverged thousands of years ago.’
- ‘The event Ugric Rumble (Ugrin Jyrähdys) will host the sixth world championship of Kalevala chanting.’
- ‘Within the Finno-Ugric languages, there are two major groups, the Finnic languages and the Ugric languages.’
From Russian ugry (the name of a people dwelling east of the Urals) + -ic.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.