One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It was merely that I was not beautifully conspicuous but uglily conspicuous - it makes all the difference in the world.’
- ‘A Beijing smoker has brought a tobacco company and one of its sales agent to court, accusing them for producing or selling cigarettes which turned his teeth uglily yellow, the Beijing News reports on Tuesday.’
- ‘Firefox and other browsers just let the rubric extend uglily beyond the edge of the content container.’
- ‘Originally posted by ragejg at least you're not eccentrically ugly… or uglily eccentric’
- ‘Germany can not only win games uglily, but also dominates them like that.’
- ‘Why then does that village which my fancy conjures up call to mind a heap of reptiles breeding uglily in a bucket?’
- ‘And as far as sex goes, our white civilisation is crude, barbaric, and uglily savage.’
- ‘I wondered as I saw some men in uniform gathered by the rear gate of the prison which squats uglily next to my flat.’
- ‘I was scared of death and did not want to die so uglily.’
- ‘I can't believe I am studying beautiful music in such and uglily run country/world/universe.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.