One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of maize porridge eaten in east and central Africa.
- ‘I've tried variants of the African porridges, like ugali or fou-fou, all across tropical Africa.’
- ‘Kenya ugali na sukuma wiki, a stiff porridge made from maize meal, with collard-like greens boiled with tomatoes and onions.’
- ‘Maize made into a thick porridge, called ugali, is the national dish of Kenya.’
- ‘The most common staple food is a thick porridge known variously as ugali, sadza, nsima, or posho made from maize or finger millet.’
- ‘Maize is found in a variety of recipes, especially a porridge called ugali, which is cooked with meat (chicken, goat, or beef) or greens and is eaten nearly every day.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.