One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The study of UFOs.
- ‘This landmark case of Brazilian ufology dealt with the appearance of the notorious chupas - boxlike flying contraptions which fired laser-like beams against the hapless inhabitants of Amazonian communities.’
- ‘This is a weekly delve into cryptozoology, ufology, medical marvels, scientific wonders, strange facts or weird goings-on.’
- ‘I'd really like to move this to the Lab, since it's clearly a paranormal/fringe science / ufology subject.’
- ‘Here, you can find an index to the who's who of UFOlogy.’
- ‘Similarly, the best criticisms in areas such as ufology and cryptozoology come from critics within those protosciences.’
- ‘The psi-trickster element in ufology renders that field of inquiry even more marginal, dangerous, and repulsive to anyone who aspires to rational and intelligible forms of life and thought.’
- ‘The emerging science of ufology may hold solutions to ongoing religious and political unrest that serves only to polarize humanity.’
- ‘The popularity of ufology has declined and this has tied in with the demise of this television show.’
- ‘All are wearing identical jumpsuits, some sort of shiny metallic material straight out of human ufology, and all of them have a stone of one kind or another embedded into their forehead.’
- ‘However, would it possible to assume that the entire science of ufology is nothing but a mere secretive component of the real story of flying objects?’
- ‘The video was certainly very interesting and no response indicated they wish no involvement in the subject of ufology.’
- ‘Ufology is in a state of self denial.’
- ‘There in the thin desert air, as confused reports were confirmed and then abruptly denied, the study of UFOs, or ufology, was born.’
- ‘The archives of ufology, not H.G. Wells, provided Spielberg's source material.’
- ‘So what is ufology?’
- ‘In her study of ufology, Jodi Dean comments that the discourse of ufologists claims to be reasonable, ‘but everyone else finds what they are saying incomprehensible.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.