One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An unmanned aerial vehicle (an aircraft piloted by remote control or onboard computers)‘within sixty minutes of reaching a launch site, the UAV can be assembled and launched’as modifier ‘UAV operators must have skills akin to the traffic controller’
- ‘The low-cost vision system enables the UAV to autonomously search, find and track a target's position relative to the hovering vehicle’
- ‘To land, small hooks on the UAV's wings catch hold of rope suspended from the system's extendable mast and arms.’
- ‘UAVs have been criticized for causing civilian deaths.’
- ‘After a brief web search, all I could turn up was a military job as a UAV pilot.’
- ‘Once a UAV identified a target, participants labeled it as hostile or friendly, based on a color-coded system.’
- ‘Researchers in Switzerland recently developed a concept to use a swarm of UAVs as a local communication network for emergency workers in disaster areas.’
- ‘Once the system detects a nearby UAV, it alerts residents through a sound or light-based alert.’
- ‘And if the situation changes, the operator can cancel the strike and bring the UAV back for use later.’
- ‘The company has started using a UAV to create promotional videos for golf courses around the country.’
- ‘"The UAVs do not currently have the awareness of their environment to be able to avoid flying into people," Dr. Darren Ansell said.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.