One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An unmanned aerial vehicle (an aircraft piloted by remote control or onboard computers)‘within sixty minutes of reaching a launch site, the UAV can be assembled and launched’as modifier ‘UAV operators must have skills akin to the traffic controller’
- ‘The company has started using a UAV to create promotional videos for golf courses around the country.’
- ‘And if the situation changes, the operator can cancel the strike and bring the UAV back for use later.’
- ‘To land, small hooks on the UAV's wings catch hold of rope suspended from the system's extendable mast and arms.’
- ‘Researchers in Switzerland recently developed a concept to use a swarm of UAVs as a local communication network for emergency workers in disaster areas.’
- ‘UAVs have been criticized for causing civilian deaths.’
- ‘Once a UAV identified a target, participants labeled it as hostile or friendly, based on a color-coded system.’
- ‘Once the system detects a nearby UAV, it alerts residents through a sound or light-based alert.’
- ‘"The UAVs do not currently have the awareness of their environment to be able to avoid flying into people," Dr. Darren Ansell said.’
- ‘The low-cost vision system enables the UAV to autonomously search, find and track a target's position relative to the hovering vehicle’
- ‘After a brief web search, all I could turn up was a military job as a UAV pilot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.