One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Unplasticized polyvinyl chloride, a rigid, chemically resistant form of PVC used for pipework, window frames, and other structures.
- ‘A gust of wind blew against the lace curtains which was all that protected the room from the torrential rain beating against the shattered uPVC double-glazing.’
- ‘The property has many extra features such as private rear garden with a low maintenance exterior, gas fired central heating, uPVC double glazing windows throughout, etc.’
- ‘Businesses in a Lake District village may be forced to remove their modern uPVC windows after the frames came under the critical gaze of national park planners, reports Karen Barden.’
- ‘Repairs and improvements included thousands of houses to be fitted with double glazed uPVC windows and central heating, kitchens and bathrooms to be modernised or redesigned and new security fixtures to be installed.’
- ‘Well-designed uPVC windows can and do blend in and certainly do not distract from the surrounds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.