One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Greek side dish of yogurt with cucumber, garlic, and often mint.
- ‘Hummus, taramasalata, tzatziki, moussaka, souvlaki - all the greatest hits are present and correct in Aberdeen's only Greek restaurant.’
- ‘Calamari was deep-fried and served with tzatziki (a yogurt, garlic and cucumber sauce).’
- ‘But don't expect traditional Greek fare like skewers of chicken souvlaki, tzatziki and rice pilaf.’
- ‘The scientists from Glasgow University were astounded at how quickly tzatziki, souvlaki and Greek salads were replaced with burgers, fish suppers and Scotch pies.’
- ‘There is also a Greek cuisine promotion, which features quasi-traditional Greek dishes, including the appetizer platter with pita bread, hummus, tzatziki, eggplant dressing, Greek yogurt and feta cheese.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.