One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the Austrian state of Tyrol or its inhabitants.‘an old-fashioned Tyrolean hat’
- ‘The castle is set on a forested hillside above a small lake, and is surrounded by a magnificent panorama of the Tyrolean Alps.’
- ‘Royals mingled with Tyrolean rifleman in full ceremonial dress.’
- ‘The mountain valleys are dotted with chalets in the old Tyrolean style.’
- ‘We travel through spectacular Tyrolean scenery.’
A native or inhabitant of the Austrian state of Tyrol.‘he was a Tyrolean who trained in Italy’
- ‘Etched into a 2,000-foot-high wall of rock, "the zig-zag perilous gallery" was created in the 18th century by Tyroleans.’
- ‘The Tyroleans posed for a group hug and bought us beer.’
- ‘Your adventures in Europe are always a nice read for me as a Tyrolean.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.