One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In an effort to make the increasingly mechanized work of the office more attractive to women - and more compatible with Victorian ideals of femininity - typewriting was compared with playing the piano.’
- ‘With the joint effort of Kovai Women's Polytechnic and Samudhaya Polytechnic the prisoners are also coached in tailoring, typewriting, computer and electrical wiring.’
- ‘At the time, typewriting was a new concept and the machine cost $125.’
- ‘Non-design folk have grown accustomed to the default 12’ text of word processing; typewriting as opposed to typesetting.’
- ‘The lengthy intermediate steps from handwriting or even typewriting to the most readable text have now disappeared inside microsecond - long electronic processes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.