One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The species on which a genus is based and with which the genus name remains associated during any taxonomic revision.
- ‘Consequently, the species is here proposed to be the type species of a new genus related to Girtyocoelia Cossmann, 1909.’
- ‘This large group (Clade B) is formed by most of the species of the genus (including the type species, B. rotundifolium), which typically have parallel-veined leaves.’
- ‘The adult dorsal median septum, seen in the new species, is absent in the type species and dorsal muscle fields are more clearly defined.’
- ‘These characters alone are insufficient to characterize Schistometopus; thus, the genus is considered nomen dubium and the term is restricted to the type specimen of the type species.’
- ‘However, the ventral valve of Australostrophia mesembria, type species of the genus, is weakly convex, while the dorsal is very gently concave.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.