One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or having a tympanum.
- ‘Glomus tumor is a vascular neoplasm arising from the paraganglia around the carotid bifurcation, the jugular bulb, or the tympanic arteries.’
- ‘Impulses are conveyed via the glossopharyngeal nerve then via its tympanic branch to the tympanic plexus thence to the otic ganglion via the lesser superficial petrosal nerve.’
- ‘Another theory proposed that absence of the bony plate overlying the carotid adjacent to the tympanic cavity may enable expansion of the vessel into the middle ear.’
- ‘The persistent stapedial artery courses through the tympanic cavity, between the crura of the stapes and enters the facial canal distal to the geniculate ganglion.’
- ‘The superficial temporal occasionally gives rise to the maxillary above the zygomatic arch, or to a tympanic artery.’
2Resembling or acting like a drumhead.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.