One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or having a tympanum.
- ‘Impulses are conveyed via the glossopharyngeal nerve then via its tympanic branch to the tympanic plexus thence to the otic ganglion via the lesser superficial petrosal nerve.’
- ‘The persistent stapedial artery courses through the tympanic cavity, between the crura of the stapes and enters the facial canal distal to the geniculate ganglion.’
- ‘Glomus tumor is a vascular neoplasm arising from the paraganglia around the carotid bifurcation, the jugular bulb, or the tympanic arteries.’
- ‘The superficial temporal occasionally gives rise to the maxillary above the zygomatic arch, or to a tympanic artery.’
- ‘Another theory proposed that absence of the bony plate overlying the carotid adjacent to the tympanic cavity may enable expansion of the vessel into the middle ear.’
2Resembling or acting like a drumhead.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.