Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Steal (a car)‘people are fed up with having their cars twocced’
- ‘This is the 3rd twoccing Phil has heard of recently in this area.’
- ‘When Matt, Jake, and Jake's girlfriend, Jools, twocced a Ferrari one night, they had a terrible accident.’
- ‘Would they claim that if car theft (and twoccing) were totally stopped that all the former car thieves would go out and buy one?’
- ‘How many cars do they have to twoc before they get on the course?’
- ‘It seems inevitable that he will once again begin twoccing and end up once again in custody, this time in an adult prison.’
1990s (originally police slang): acronym from taken without owner's consent.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.