One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of an electric generator, motor, or other device) designed to supply or use simultaneously two separate alternating currents of the same voltage, but with phases differing by half a period.
- ‘They are suitable for use with any standard two-phase stepper motor and offer four, user - selectable resolution settings.’
- ‘The mainboard has a two-phase impulse CPU and an impulse DDR DIMM voltage regulator.’
- ‘Officials say that the consumers in the villages of the district will get 10 hours of assured three-phase supply for running their tubewells and two hours of two-phase supply in the evening.’
- ‘In rural areas, thousands of farmers had installed capacitors on electric water pumps to run these on two-phase supply meant for household use.’
- ‘The CPU voltage regulator is a two-phase one (which could have pushed the company engineers to use active cooling).’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.