One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Insincerity and deceitfulness.‘the complete two-facedness of party members will land them in trouble’
treachery, duplicity, deceit, perfidiousness, deceitfulness, disloyalty, infidelity, faithlessness, unfaithfulness, betrayal, treason, falseness, falsity, double-dealing, dishonesty, untrustworthiness, breach of trustView synonyms
- ‘Instead, there has been a national shrugging of the shoulders, a stoicism in the face of this rather shabby two-facedness that would have delighted their philosophical forebears.’
- ‘This sort of two-facedness extends throughout the film.’
- ‘I don't like it when people are duped by some obvious two-facedness.’
- ‘Her two-facedness is one of the major plotlines running through the series, so much so that it often overshadows whatever story they're involved with.’
- ‘With dexterous fingers, and uncanny two-facedness, he had secured my vote.’
- ‘The two-facedness regarding the growth of science-based industries continues to perplex simple folk like me.’
- ‘The cardinal sin was insincerity, two-facedness, of appearing to be one thing while actually being another.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.