One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘Psst,’ he called to Carly, ‘Why're you so twittery all of the sudden?’’
- ‘It's been 22 years since her first hit, but she still wears her hair like an overgrown schoolgirl, and retains a twittery voice that makes her sound like an exceptionally late developer.’
- ‘Endowed with a muscular alto that automatically storms to the top of its range on almost every song, she's nothing if not confident, and a lesson to the twittery Kylies of this world.’
- ‘We've never seen stuff like it before, and we get terribly excited and twittery about it.’
- ‘Technically, she was a coloratura soprano, but her voice has none of the twittery or harsh qualities that one sometimes finds in French coloraturas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.