One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A drill with a twisted body like that of an auger.
- ‘His cutting device was a twist drill with point but no spurs.’
- ‘These are not common twist drills but rather single-flute cutters with a channel down the side.’
- ‘Drilling can be done with many of the same tools you use for drilling wood or metal, including twist drills, brad point drill bits, spade bits or a hole saw with a pilot bit.’
- ‘Then a gentle touch with a twist drill created a nice radius on the inner surface of the disk.’
- ‘The angle of the cutting tip on a twist drill is 59 degrees.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.