One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1see little finger
2Have the ability to make someone do whatever one wants.
- ‘Only a few days old and already she's wrapped you around her little finger.’
- ‘He just met this girl and she was already starting to wrap him around her little finger.’
- ‘The little girl who had come into his life so unexpectedly had won his heart, wrapping him around her little finger in the process.’
- ‘When she has her eye on a guy, she will do whatever it takes to wrap him around her little finger with a string.’
- ‘For some reason, she was having some difficulty wrapping Matt around her little finger.’
- ‘He knew it wouldn't be long before she was wrapped around his little finger.’
- ‘And why can't I twist her around my little finger?’
- ‘More importantly, he drives a truck and I can twist him around my little finger.’
- ‘‘He'd wrap you around his little finger and you wouldn't even know it,’ she smiled affectionately.’
- ‘She could get any guy she wanted, and she would always act like they were wrapped around her little finger.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.