One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The team will compete against baton twirlers from Japan, America, Canada, France and Holland.’
- ‘He estimated a crowd of more than 1000 people who were stunned at the drummers, fire twirlers, fashion parades, dancers, puppet shows, a DJ, street performers and buskers.’
- ‘Talent night at the local elementary school tends to conjure up images of kazoo players, off-key warblers and budding baton twirlers, all with big dreams and stars in their eyes.’
- ‘She was the star baton twirler, he was co-captain of the football team.’
- ‘Spirits were high, the alcohol was free or subsidized, there were fire twirlers, drummers and men on stilts moving around the Victorian Arts Centre forecourt and I was feeling on top of the world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.