One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting an engine having two camshafts.
- ‘It's the same straight six, twin-cam motor that brought Jaguar five of its seven Le Mans wins and was in production from 1948 to 1985.’
- ‘Because of the sheer size and the monstrous 1 ½ ton bulk, the poor old 2 litre twin-cam engine is completely out of its depth.’
- ‘Beneath the special paint, by the way, there is a 225-hp, 1.8-liter, five-valve turbocharged twin-cam engine; a six-speed manual gearbox, and quattro permanent all-wheel-drive.’
- ‘It now has a twin-cam 16 valve head and common rail direct injection is used, along with the usual turbocharger and intercooler.’
- ‘The twin-cam, four-valve engine puts out 240 hp at 4,800 rpm and 315 lb ft, of torque at 3,400 rpm.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.