One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting an engine having two camshafts.
- ‘It now has a twin-cam 16 valve head and common rail direct injection is used, along with the usual turbocharger and intercooler.’
- ‘Because of the sheer size and the monstrous 1 ½ ton bulk, the poor old 2 litre twin-cam engine is completely out of its depth.’
- ‘It's the same straight six, twin-cam motor that brought Jaguar five of its seven Le Mans wins and was in production from 1948 to 1985.’
- ‘The twin-cam, four-valve engine puts out 240 hp at 4,800 rpm and 315 lb ft, of torque at 3,400 rpm.’
- ‘Beneath the special paint, by the way, there is a 225-hp, 1.8-liter, five-valve turbocharged twin-cam engine; a six-speed manual gearbox, and quattro permanent all-wheel-drive.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.