Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
nounmass nounNorth American
A rustic style of furniture in which the natural state of the wood is retained as an aesthetic feature.
- ‘Lake Placid Lodge offers 17 guestrooms and 17 cabins, all with large stone wood-burning fireplaces and twig furniture.’
- ‘We also create a line of hand crafted rustic and twig furniture for the home and garden.’
- ‘His twig furniture and other works are made with wood from the property.’
- ‘Rustic décor and unique home furnishings like our twig furniture can add a touch of simple elegance to any room.’
- ‘Enjoy the casually rustic look of willow twig furniture inside your house as well as out.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.