Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A rustic style of furniture in which the natural state of the wood is retained as an aesthetic feature.
- ‘His twig furniture and other works are made with wood from the property.’
- ‘Lake Placid Lodge offers 17 guestrooms and 17 cabins, all with large stone wood-burning fireplaces and twig furniture.’
- ‘Enjoy the casually rustic look of willow twig furniture inside your house as well as out.’
- ‘Rustic décor and unique home furnishings like our twig furniture can add a touch of simple elegance to any room.’
- ‘We also create a line of hand crafted rustic and twig furniture for the home and garden.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.