Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
nountrademark in UK
[mass noun] A type of cricket match in which each team has a single innings consisting of a maximum of twenty overs.→ 20/20
- ‘According to latest reports, Middlesex will be participating in the Twenty20 Champions League.’
- ‘Australia captain Ricky Ponting on Monday announced his retirement from international Twenty20 cricket in a bid to prolong his playing career.’
- ‘England batsman Kevin Pietersen will not be available for the Bangalore Royal Challengers in the upcoming Twenty20 Champions League.’
- ‘By pulling out of the Twenty20 event, they had laid the foundation for the plot too.’
- ‘Both teams return to Dubai for the only Twenty20 game on May 7.’
- ‘Khan said he will be fit to play in the multi-million dollar Indian Premier League's Twenty20 competition starting on April 18.’
- ‘He said Twenty20 World Cup will not overshadow limited overs World Cup.’
- ‘Australian captain, Ricky Pointing has said similar things about Twenty20 cricket.’
- ‘Cricket Australia chief executive James Sutherland said he understood the reasons behind Ponting's decision to quit Twenty20.’
- ‘Clarke has also been criticised for sanctioning England's participation in last year's winner-takes-all Stanford Twenty20 tournament in Antigua.’
- ‘From what we have gathered, the ICL is planning to host a Twenty20 tournament with mostly veteran cricketers.’
- ‘This year he returned briefly to top-flight cricket, appearing for Surrey in the Twenty20 competition.’
- ‘The phenomenal success of Twenty20 notwithstanding, Tests would remain the ultimate challenge for a cricketer, says Indian skipper Anil Kumble.’
- ‘The Australian captain had tweaked his hamstring during their six-wicket loss to Pakistan in the Twenty20 World Cup in South Africa.’
- ‘Earlier this month Afghanistan's fledgling national side came from nowhere to win the Asia Cricket Council's Twenty20 Cup in Kuwait.’
- ‘Ramnaresh Sarwan steered West Indies to a comfortable six-wicket win over England in their one-off Twenty20 match on Sunday.’
- ‘Sunil Gavaskar has urged Virender Sehwag to continue being an opener in the Twenty20 format rather than slipping down the order.’
- ‘Meanwhile Australian cricket authorities have delayed the travel plans of its cricketers to India for next week's Champions Twenty20 League.’
- ‘Gayle conceded the ODI series was not ideal preparation for the Twenty20 World Cup, which starts Friday at Lord's.’
- ‘McGrath, 37, said a short-term Twenty20 tournament would be ideal to give him his "fix" of cricket without taxing him.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.