Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A meeting or other gathering organized by means of posts on Twitter.
encounter, contact, introduction, appointment, assignation, rendezvous, tweetupView synonyms
- ‘Bernstein was also one of the organisers of a ' tweetup ' at Interbike.’
- ‘You can create or find a tweetup on this site.’
- ‘To donate, send an a message to the tweetup.’
- ‘A ' tweetup ' is the colloquial term for a real-world get-together co-ordinated via the 140-character social media website, Twitter.’
- ‘We're joined now by Marian Salzman, a marketing expert who recently hosted a twitter tweetup with the company.’
- ‘A "tweetup" is a social gathering of people who are on Twitter and there are tweetups occurring all over the world.’
Early 21st century: from tweet + up, on the pattern of meetup.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.