One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A meeting or other gathering organized by means of posts on the social media application Twitter.
encounter, contact, introduction, appointment, assignation, rendezvousView synonyms
- ‘Bernstein was also one of the organisers of a ' tweetup ' at Interbike.’
- ‘To donate, send an a message to the tweetup.’
- ‘We're joined now by Marian Salzman, a marketing expert who recently hosted a twitter tweetup with the company.’
- ‘A ' tweetup ' is the colloquial term for a real-world get-together co-ordinated via the 140-character social media website, Twitter.’
- ‘You can create or find a tweetup on this site.’
- ‘A "tweetup" is a social gathering of people who are on Twitter and there are tweetups occurring all over the world.’
Early 21st century: from tweet + up, on the pattern of meetup.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.