One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A loudspeaker designed to reproduce high frequencies.
- ‘For music lovers there are in-car entertainment systems including CD changers, amplifiers, woofers, speakers and tweeters in a mind-boggling range.’
- ‘It's got everything - woofers, tweeters, cup holder and an impressive-looking front panel that screams ‘Hey, look at me!’’
- ‘Your woofers and tweeters better be in pretty good shape to take this kind of battering, I can tell you.’
- ‘EX models add a cassette player, two tweeters, a rear-mounted sub woofer and a five-channel, 155-watt amp.’
- ‘Details on the materials used in the construction of the tweeter and woofer were difficult to come by.’
- ‘Niles, SpeakerCraft, and others use directional tweeters and woofers that can be separately adjusted to compensate for imaging problems arising from the positioning drawbacks.’
2A person who posts on the social media application Twitter.
- ‘However, as an SMS-addict and avid tweeter I found the small keyboard on my old phone a bit fiddly and didn't see that improving with the latest incarnations.’
- ‘These business-savvy tweeters are all excited about helping you grow your company, create buzz for your brand and stay inspired.’
- ‘If you Twitter frequently, and Twitter is important for your business, this stats tool will help you take the next step towards becoming a master tweeter.’
- ‘It's interesting to hear the secretary of state to say she doesn't know a twitter from a tweeter.’
- ‘But while he may be the supreme leader, he is not a supreme tweeter.’
- ‘I'm having tweeter's remorse.’
- ‘And another tweeter writes, "I imitate them whenever I'm talking to them or texting them so they'll know how offensive they are."’
- ‘Within hours, I had nearly 150 bloggers, Tweeters, and Facebookers volunteering to participate.’
- ‘At the start of the year, the service had six million tweeters worldwide.’
- ‘His music videos are heavy draws on YouTube, and he's a relentless Tweeter.’
- ‘"The rise in defamation cases linked to the internet is inevitable if users like bloggers or tweeters fail to put in place the same kind of pre-publication controls that traditional media uses."’
- ‘A funny tweeter friend of mine recently got followed by comedian Charlie Higson.’
- ‘No tweeter has yet matched the economy of words in the gospel according to St John, chapter 11, verse 35.’
- ‘There are over 14 million tweeters in the U. S. alone.’
- ‘I didn't before, I signed up eons ago but didn't really become an active "tweeter" until recently.’
- ‘American tweeters are optimistic, full of good will and ready to show you how to find yourself, solve your problems, guide you through life and share, share, share.’
- ‘It's not that the tweeters have ascended into the media stratosphere, it's that the traditional media has descended into the depths.’
- ‘Bloggers and tweeters are quoted freely as semaphore from the streets.’
- ‘Be it popular culture, travel tales or mostly random observations, Sidin's brand of humour is immensely popular among bloggers and tweeters.’
- ‘As bloggers and tweeters, how do we strike a balance between the speed of getting ideas out there and the deliberation of thinking up the ideas themselves?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.