Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person's followers on Twitter.‘he told his tweeps he was going to a Bruce Springsteen concert’‘millions of tweeps follow their every tweet’
- ‘I apparently unfollowed some tweeps overnight - please let me know if it was you.’
- ‘If you're looking for the breakdown, that's about 12,500 Twitter followers per hour, or ~208 new tweeps per minute.’
- ‘Lists are helpful to you because it a great way to curate content and find good tweeps to follow!’
- ‘Goodnight tweeps! See y'all if i wake up in the morning.’
- ‘And, so, stand by, Jessica, because I put that out to my Twitter people, the tweeps.’
- ‘Good morning Tweeps - another day another dollar.’
- ‘Phil really seems to be enjoying sharing with all his tweeps.’
- ‘If you are in the same space as me, you can look at my list "Start-it-up Friends," and find some amazing tweeps to follow.’
- ‘One of my tweeps occasionally tweets out a blurb with a link to his facebook page, which is of the sort that one cannot see without logging into FB.’
- ‘Thanks for the support, tweeps.’
- ‘As you gain followers and build a base of tweeps you are following, go to your lists of Followers or Following (on your profile page).’
- ‘Any of my tweeps know a good restaurant in Baltimore?’
- ‘Since then, he has urged his tweeps to donate to lung cancer causes, including his own charity.’
- ‘Have a great Monday, tweeps.’
- ‘"Wasssuuppp tweeps, I'm back," he wrote on Tuesday.’
- ‘Soccer's rise signifies what one of my tweeps just called America's "return to the community of nations."’
Early 21st century: blend of Twitter, the proprietary name of the social media service, and peeps.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.