One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This country, you may have noticed, is rife with such narrow-brained twaddlers.’
- ‘There's nothing terrible about twaddlers - they're just beginning to test their independence, influence and control.’
- ‘She is a vivacious American actress who pulls off portraying anything from menaces to twaddlers, and whose versatility and range have earned her a solid reputation in a business that otherwise focuses on exteriors and beauty in female performers.’
- ‘Before his letters came to light in 1815, Fronto had been idealized as the wise counsellor of a philosophic emperor; afterwards an exaggerated reaction dismissed him as a futile twaddler.’
- ‘Amid these twaddlers he presents the formidable front of a man with meaning, confident of his cause, and devoted to it with all his faculty.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.