One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A student or pupil of a tutor.
undergraduate, postgraduate, scholarView synonyms
- ‘Most of the research that has examined group assisted instruction has focused on programs where a more able reader functions as the tutor and a less able reader functions as the tutee in a cooperative reading pair.’
- ‘It is just dinner between a tutor and her tutee.’
- ‘In my 19 years as a tutor at this university - and that encompasses hundreds of tutees - I had not witnessed such an inspiring presentation.’
- ‘If I were your personal tutee, how would you advise me to proceed?’
- ‘Scheduling help sessions might mean that tutors or tutees had to take extra trips to campus or be willing to meet in homes or dormitories.’
- ‘American students were paired at random with an EFL tutee, and they were asked to communicate with the tutee via e-mail at least once a week for a 10-week period.’
- ‘The time spent reading together would also be beneficial for both tutors and tutees by allowing them class time to read natural texts cooperatively.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.