One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘From the outside, the turreted building, with its terracotta roof tiles, looks like any extravagantly large house on an upmarket estate.’
- ‘Offers of over £2.5m are being asked for the turreted 15th century former fortress standing in 90 acres of beautiful surroundings beside the river Girvan at Kirkmichael, Ayrshire.’
- ‘If you like fishing or hunting, the chances are that you already know about East Haugh House, a turreted 17 th-century property set in two-acre gardens close to the River Tummel.’
- ‘Set in extensive grounds, this turreted 16 th-century castle became a luxury hotel in the 1960s.’
- ‘The architecture is Tudor style, complete with turreted parapets, fortified towers, arches and battlements.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.