One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for capstan lathe
- ‘In the late 1960's Bardons & Oliver introduced automatic turret lathes that featured complete fluidic control of a standard machine tool for the first time in history.’
- ‘Most important was the turret lathe enabling the carrying out of a range of formerly skilled operations by relatively less skilled labor.’
- ‘The main purpose of this role is to operate manually controlled turret lathes in a busy engineering environment.’
- ‘In addition, engine lathes are less sophisticated than modern turret lathes and are therefore operated by junior personnel whose hourly rates are lower.’
- ‘Lathes can generally be classified in one of the following five basic groups: engine lathes, speed lathes, turret lathes, vertical lathes, and automatics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.