One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A DJ who is an expert in sampling, scratching, and similar techniques.
- ‘Did you ever feel like it was a requirement to go from battle DJ and turntablist to hip hop production?’
- ‘This rapper and turntablist have perfect names, which combine together to evoke old-school teamwork and MC-DJ balance.’
- ‘Scratching from the turntablist really gets you moving.’
- ‘As their budgets have increased, their music has become correspondingly more ambitious, embracing big ensembles along with bedroom turntablists.’
- ‘Willner has also been reborn as a turntablist, though he's not much of a scratcher.’
- ‘I just love the idea of a guest appearance by a turntablist - what a concept.’
- ‘What do you think DJs and turntablists have been doing illegally for almost 15 years in dance clubs from Berlin to L.A.?’
- ‘The contest pits area turntablists and lyricists against each other in a frenzy of tight rhymes and hot beats.’
- ‘Keyboardist, Kamal Gray, and human turntablist, Scratch, become members of the band.’
- ‘He is one of the world's more notable turntablists, demonstrating both strong composition skills and an anything-goes aesthetic.’
- ‘Remember how, as he got older, he continued to grow as both a turntablist and a man-child?’
- ‘The Brooklyn-based half-Asian MC and turntablist relates tales from a changing New York City with intelligence, humour and honesty.’
- ‘What distinguishes the DJ from other turntablists is the way he constantly stretches the boundaries of electronic music.’
- ‘He swept the world with his prodigious DJing talents and made Montreal proud to foster a new generation of turntablists.’
- ‘They're the top turntablists in the world and we're going to be forced to choose between them!’
- ‘They played the beats that form the foundations of hip-hop, the core tools in any turntablist's arsenal.’
- ‘You realise there is no drummer, no keyboard player, and no turntablist.’
- ‘The young turntablist quickly partnered with neighbor Fredy Blast.’
- ‘He makes a jazz album first, and then allows separate ground for the turntablists to remix five of the original tracks.’
- ‘The Japanese turntablist has been successfully merging the parallel worlds of drum 'n' bass and hip-hop for the past decade.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.