One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A flashing light on a vehicle to show that it is about to change lanes or turn; an indicator.
- ‘I turn on the left turn signal, glance over my shoulder, pull onto the interstate, and accelerate, slowly, slowly, slowly to a reckless speed.’
- ‘I hate it when people driving brand new vehicles never use a turn signal.’
- ‘Cars jamming the streets have LED turn signals, brake lights, and dashboard displays.’
- ‘He turned on his turn signal and stopped at a red light.’
- ‘Found in this comprehensive online store, are high beam, superior quality Jeep headlights, Jeep fog lights, Jeep taillight and Jeep turn signal.’
- ‘When I tried to make a lane change, using the turn signal, a yellow warning light flashed in the side-view mirror, providing a clear indication that a vehicle was present.’
- ‘I silently agreed with my big drummer friend as I hit the turn signal and scouted for a good parking space.’
- ‘Some mirrors incorporate turn signals, some have approach lights on the bottom, while others incorporate power folding features.’
- ‘It is just like some guy driving and he didn't use his turn signal.’
- ‘Do not hang your helmet on the sissy bar, turn signals or worst on the bike's mirror.’
- ‘I'm sure there will come a time when even I will realize it's time to flick on that turn signal.’
- ‘Some cars aren't completely legal, missing turn signals, headlights, and even license plates.’
- ‘Be more meticulous about using turn signals, so that other drivers know your intentions.’
- ‘If, for example, the driver changes lanes without using the turn signal, a visual cue is displayed and a haptic device in the driver's seat is activated.’
- ‘The anticipation of the actions of the tractor trailer were made more complicated by the absence of any turn signal.’
- ‘His fears quickly diminished as he spotted her in the rearview mirror flashing her right turn signal and pulling into the parking lot.’
- ‘I'm pushing the radio buttons and the turn signal anyway.’
- ‘You'd assume that if there was no turn signal, the car would be going straight.’
- ‘He flipped on his turn signal and turned into a parking lot designated Senior Lot.’
- ‘When driving, I would pull onto the street in the wrong direction and turn on the windshield wipers instead of the turn signal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.