One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A flashing light on a vehicle to show that it is about to change lanes or turn; an indicator.
- ‘You'd assume that if there was no turn signal, the car would be going straight.’
- ‘Cars jamming the streets have LED turn signals, brake lights, and dashboard displays.’
- ‘He turned on his turn signal and stopped at a red light.’
- ‘His fears quickly diminished as he spotted her in the rearview mirror flashing her right turn signal and pulling into the parking lot.’
- ‘I'm sure there will come a time when even I will realize it's time to flick on that turn signal.’
- ‘I hate it when people driving brand new vehicles never use a turn signal.’
- ‘When I tried to make a lane change, using the turn signal, a yellow warning light flashed in the side-view mirror, providing a clear indication that a vehicle was present.’
- ‘It is just like some guy driving and he didn't use his turn signal.’
- ‘If, for example, the driver changes lanes without using the turn signal, a visual cue is displayed and a haptic device in the driver's seat is activated.’
- ‘Found in this comprehensive online store, are high beam, superior quality Jeep headlights, Jeep fog lights, Jeep taillight and Jeep turn signal.’
- ‘Some cars aren't completely legal, missing turn signals, headlights, and even license plates.’
- ‘I silently agreed with my big drummer friend as I hit the turn signal and scouted for a good parking space.’
- ‘I turn on the left turn signal, glance over my shoulder, pull onto the interstate, and accelerate, slowly, slowly, slowly to a reckless speed.’
- ‘The anticipation of the actions of the tractor trailer were made more complicated by the absence of any turn signal.’
- ‘Do not hang your helmet on the sissy bar, turn signals or worst on the bike's mirror.’
- ‘When driving, I would pull onto the street in the wrong direction and turn on the windshield wipers instead of the turn signal.’
- ‘Some mirrors incorporate turn signals, some have approach lights on the bottom, while others incorporate power folding features.’
- ‘He flipped on his turn signal and turned into a parking lot designated Senior Lot.’
- ‘I'm pushing the radio buttons and the turn signal anyway.’
- ‘Be more meticulous about using turn signals, so that other drivers know your intentions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.