One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The ability to go fast when necessary.‘the boats showed a very fast turn of speed’
- ‘Their powerful engines pushed these race cars along at a frightening turn of speed.’
- ‘It was Davis with the more rapid turn of speed who drove hard down the left hand side of the road, winning by a bike length.’
- ‘Add to that outstanding build quality and a turn of speed indecently fast for a diesel and you have a great package.’
- ‘We know Shaun is quick on the deck with a great turn of speed but I'm quick as well and we have quick players in the team.’
- ‘Full-back Scott Paterson had shown a dangerous turn of speed.’
- ‘He is a good runner with a fast turn of speed at the finish.’
- ‘He has a rare turn of speed and the ability to beat men in the tightest of one-on-one situations.’
- ‘This ten oar open vessel also has an impressive turn of speed under sail.’
- ‘Capable of a good turn of speed and equipped with very purposeful front bumpers the Stock Cars always provide plenty of incident full racing.’
- ‘Smart took the lead on the fifth lap and found an extra turn of speed to lap nearly a second faster than the rest of the field.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.