One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Move so as to face in the opposite direction.‘Alice turned about and walked down the corridor’
change direction, turn round, change course, make a u-turn, reverse directionView synonyms
- ‘Atticus shook his head before turning about to face the remaining contributors to the conversation.’
- ‘She turned about, and draped her arms over my shoulders.’
- ‘He cleaved the head off of an imaginary foe before turning about, parrying a blow by another imaginary enemy.’
- ‘Phoenix turned about and walked.’
- ‘Kourin watched in dismay as Kellan turned about and began walking towards the mountains.’
- ‘He turned about and walked over to Ambrose's body.’
- ‘He turned about and gallantly he chickened out.’
- ‘She was turning about to face us and at last closing his mouth.’
- ‘It simply couldn't turn about and reverse direction and position that fast.’
- ‘It is exactly the kind of scene that van Hoogstraten proposes as ideal for viewing in a camera, full of countless people walking and turning about.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.