One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A situation, typically in a war, in which the aggressor has an overwhelming advantage.‘a high-tech turkey shoot rather than a war’
- ‘This is going to be a turkey shoot.’
- ‘We'd drive up to this clearing and it would be, well, a turkey shoot.’
- ‘There's no air defense, It's simply a turkey shoot.’
- ‘There was a turkey shoot.’
- ‘Single player games, while strangely entertaining, end up being little more than turkey shoots.’
- ‘In truth, the four and a half mile ordeal is more like a turkey shoot.’
- ‘‘It's a turkey shoot,’ claims one gleeful soldier.’
- ‘The enemy troops are basically dumb, turning a lot of the firefights into turkey shoots.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.