One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for turkey vulture
- ‘I seem to recall a pair of turkey buzzards who occasionally appeared in early Warner Bros cartoons.’
- ‘A light onshore breeze ruffled the surface of the bay, a few feet away I watched a turkey buzzard or vulture fly by.’
- ‘I caught something out the corner of my eye and glanced up to see the silhouettes of two large turkey buzzards rise out of the tree line at 1 o'clock high, about 15 feet above us.’
- ‘The turkey buzzards will have lots of company this weekend.’
- ‘A turkey buzzard crashed through my front right windshield when I was flying a light multi-engine airplane in Baja, Calif.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.