One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The day I was there, the head of the OEB hearing panel was turgidly churning through a ruling on energy conservation plans.’
- ‘I won't try to quote him because, quite frankly, this is one of the most turgidly written books I have ever come across - in a discipline where turgidity is highly prized.’
- ‘Instead I read him a passage from his book - a long, redundant, turgidly written paragraph, one of many - and asked him how he could possibly have written that.’
- ‘The keyboards were among the worst, least responsive and accurate I've ever used anywhere, and the operating system seemed turgidly slow and reluctant even when compared with my four-year old Celeron 400 system.’
- ‘I'm not referring here to fidgeting uncomfortably while an unseasoned actor lurches turgidly through thousands of rhyming couplets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.