One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Revelations pertaining to renowned footballers accruing exorbitant gambling debts have reopened the debate over players and their relationships with turf accountants.’
- ‘She later managed a turf accountants ' office in Carlow where she met her lifelong friend Mrs. Mary Walsh, Royal Oak Road,’
- ‘Another of the characters of our turf accountant is Tom from Cappagh, a lovely old man who had his scooter stolen a few months ago and also a replacement bicycle later.’
- ‘Like the majority of their countrymen, footballers are simple lads with simple tastes such as playing golf or snooker, or adding to the profits of various turf accountants.’
- ‘There are plenty of Kildare votes on offer for the man who can effectively encourage more punters in to their local turf accountants.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.