One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Revelations pertaining to renowned footballers accruing exorbitant gambling debts have reopened the debate over players and their relationships with turf accountants.’
- ‘She later managed a turf accountants ' office in Carlow where she met her lifelong friend Mrs. Mary Walsh, Royal Oak Road,’
- ‘There are plenty of Kildare votes on offer for the man who can effectively encourage more punters in to their local turf accountants.’
- ‘Like the majority of their countrymen, footballers are simple lads with simple tastes such as playing golf or snooker, or adding to the profits of various turf accountants.’
- ‘Another of the characters of our turf accountant is Tom from Cappagh, a lovely old man who had his scooter stolen a few months ago and also a replacement bicycle later.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.