Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1A turbocharged diesel engine.
- ‘The Volvo's turbo diesel engine rocketed them forwards.’
- ‘The direct injection turbo diesel is borrowed from Peugeot and provides an alternative to the petrol power.’
- ‘In today's market that's not good enough; you need to have a high-cube body, a folding passenger seat and the latest word in turbo diesel technology.’
- ‘With the Beetle we did loads of modifications including installing a 1.9 turbo diesel engine and changing the gearbox.’
- ‘Engine choices are either a 1.8 litre petrol or 1.8 turbo diesel, the latter with a choice of two power outputs.’
- ‘On the combined cycle the turbo diesel returns 64.2mpg, while its CO2 emission levels are an impressive 116g/km.’
- ‘Unusually, this coupe body is also available with a turbo diesel engine.’
- ‘Revised suspension and the availability of a superb twin turbo diesel engine are key to the S-Type's appeal.’
- ‘This wide body 5-door version is powered by a new 2.0 litre 16-valve turbo diesel engine.’
- ‘At launch, later this year, there will be a choice of two TDCi turbo diesel engines and one petrol.’
- ‘Cobra is powered by a turbo diesel V8 engine which provides 190 hp.’
- ‘There are three JTD turbo diesel common-rail direct-injection engines in the range.’
- ‘For those not keen on a 2.5-litre diesel there is a choice of other engines, ranging between four and six cylinder petrol and turbo diesel engines.’
- ‘It is driven by a 400 horse power turbo diesel engine, and has slide-out interior suites to create extra living space.’
- ‘A 2.5 turbo diesel engine and a six-speed gearbox work in perfect harmony to produce a dynamic drive. A couple of gentle shifts of the sublime gearbox and the car cruises up to speed with beguiling ease.’
- ‘The six-liter, 325-horsepower turbo diesel engine can muscle you up loose inclines and keep you in the passing lane.’
- ‘Our tester had the new Cummins High Output turbo diesel, which aside from making sweet music both idling and running, is a great, torquey engine.’
- ‘Power comes from a 2.5 litre six, a 3 litre six or a turbo diesel option.’
- ‘This latest version improves upon the Brava in a number of key areas, not least of which is its intercooled 2.5-litre turbo diesel.’
- 1.1A vehicle equipped with a turbocharged diesel engine.
- ‘Of especial interest to company car drivers will be last year's launch of a 2.2-litre common-rail turbo diesel.’
- ‘The turbo diesel comes as standard with a 6-speed manual gearbox.’
- ‘They were off to the airport; the taxi was late so I offered them a ride in the 5 Series turbo diesel.’
- ‘And the turbo diesel is right up with the best in its class for mid-range pull, frugal running and low noise levels.’
- ‘I think the common rail turbo diesel type vehicles are going to play a big role in getting rid of that smoke.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.