Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An instrument for measuring the turbidity of a liquid suspension, usually as a means of determining the surface area of the suspended particles.
- ‘The turbidimeters are pre-calibrated and a simple zero adjustment is the only steps required prior to testing.’
- ‘Compact and light-weight waterproof hand-held turbidimeters are designed for portability and durability’
- ‘Using light waves, turbidimeters measure the amount of suspended particles in a sample of water.’
- ‘The Turbidimeter Model 977 - C is an innovative turbidimeter which utilizes an insertion-type sensor.’
- ‘The online turbidimeters have reusable primary standards which are contained in sealed glass cuvettes.’
- ‘Technological advances have introduced a variety of turbidimeters designed to meet different water-clarity objectives.’
- ‘The filter turbidimeters continually monitor the turbidity of each filter as it goes into the clearwell.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.