Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A two-terminal semiconductor diode using tunnelling electrons to perform high-speed switching operations.
- ‘Early tunnel diodes were made by hand one at a time.’
- ‘Leo Esaki is a Nobel Prize-winning physicist who invented the tunnel diode while working for the Sony Corporation in Japan.’
- ‘We are investigating tunnel diodes, which rectify the IR-frequency current waves in the antenna arms.’
- ‘Leading electronics publications begged for articles on tunnel diodes and rushed them into print.’
- ‘The first tunnel diodes were created in the 1960s, and led to a Nobel Prize for physicist Leo Esaki in 1973.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.