One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A two-terminal semiconductor diode using tunnelling electrons to perform high-speed switching operations.
- ‘Early tunnel diodes were made by hand one at a time.’
- ‘We are investigating tunnel diodes, which rectify the IR-frequency current waves in the antenna arms.’
- ‘Leading electronics publications begged for articles on tunnel diodes and rushed them into print.’
- ‘The first tunnel diodes were created in the 1960s, and led to a Nobel Prize for physicist Leo Esaki in 1973.’
- ‘Leo Esaki is a Nobel Prize-winning physicist who invented the tunnel diode while working for the Sony Corporation in Japan.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.