One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A two-terminal semiconductor diode using tunnelling electrons to perform high-speed switching operations.
- ‘Leading electronics publications begged for articles on tunnel diodes and rushed them into print.’
- ‘Leo Esaki is a Nobel Prize-winning physicist who invented the tunnel diode while working for the Sony Corporation in Japan.’
- ‘We are investigating tunnel diodes, which rectify the IR-frequency current waves in the antenna arms.’
- ‘The first tunnel diodes were created in the 1960s, and led to a Nobel Prize for physicist Leo Esaki in 1973.’
- ‘Early tunnel diodes were made by hand one at a time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.