One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Arctic-breeding migratory swan with a yellow and black bill, often known by the names of its constituent races (Bewick's swan and whistling swan).
Cygnus columbianus, family Anatidae
- ‘I had 25,000 tundra swans.’
- ‘After the plane arrives, we fly over the watery green plain, skimming above rivers of burnished silver and snowy flocks of tundra swan.’
- ‘In October and November, as many as 50,000 migrating geese, ducks, and tundra swans stop at the refuge during their voyage along the Atlantic Flyway.’
- ‘Viewing the winter congregation of tundra swans at a refuge in the Klamath Basin of California and Oregon or on Oregon's Sauvie Island is enough to make you fall in love with birds.’
- ‘This is why we were all so excited to see the tundra swan this past Saturday.’
- ‘Found and collected a bundle of tundra swan feathers.’
- ‘The big draw here is in December: the snowy white tundra swan, with its elegant mien and clamoring call.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.