Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A surgical operation to remove excess flesh from the abdomen, for cosmetic purposes.
- ‘Soto said even though the procedure is more involved than the traditional tummy tuck, the recovery time is about the same’
- ‘The reasons why someone may choose to have a tummy tuck include having excess skin, stretch marks or loose abdominal muscles.’
- ‘I was taken to the operating theatre early in the morning, and my surgeon, together with his team, took several hours creating a new breast, while at the same time giving me a tummy tuck and a new belly button.’
- ‘I hope I will always choose home-cooking and personal fitness over ready-meals and a tummy tuck.’
- ‘I've had a brow lift, nose job, tummy tuck, jaw re-set and gone from 32AA to 34DD.’
- ‘She underwent a tummy tuck at Christmas 2001 to get back her figure and her confidence.’
- ‘If you have stretch marks below your belly button and are also interested in having a tummy tuck, then this operation will remove those stretch marks.’
- ‘After a breast lift and a tummy tuck, and shedding a massive amount of weight from her tiny frame, Tessa is ready to take on the world.’
- ‘The study revealed that the best place to have a tummy tuck was Argentina.’
- ‘This procedure, like the tummy tuck, removes excess skin and tightens you whole face to reduce the signs of ageing.’
- ‘We had one lady who had a tummy tuck done with us.’
- ‘If you want to lose weight from your tummy, an alternative may be a tummy tuck, where excess fat and skin is removed from the abdomen.’
- ‘And thankfully there's not a collagen implant, Botox injection or tummy tuck to be seen.’
- ‘A number of states are considering taxing cosmetic surgery like facelifts, tummy tucks, and Botox injections.’
- ‘Months later I had the tummy tuck and the breast-reconstruction surgery.’
- ‘He's getting a tummy tuck, some cheek implants, and a nose job.’
- ‘First, she went for a tummy tuck and liposuction on ‘lovehandles ‘on her hips.’’
- ‘Whether we're contemplating a tummy tuck or a triple bypass, we like to know that we're treating the right symptoms with the proper procedure.’
- ‘Medically, the tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, was by no means necessary.’
- ‘No longer is plastic surgery limited to facelifts and tummy tucks.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.