One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A surgical operation to remove excess flesh from the abdomen, for cosmetic purposes.
- ‘Medically, the tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, was by no means necessary.’
- ‘The study revealed that the best place to have a tummy tuck was Argentina.’
- ‘The reasons why someone may choose to have a tummy tuck include having excess skin, stretch marks or loose abdominal muscles.’
- ‘She underwent a tummy tuck at Christmas 2001 to get back her figure and her confidence.’
- ‘I've had a brow lift, nose job, tummy tuck, jaw re-set and gone from 32AA to 34DD.’
- ‘First, she went for a tummy tuck and liposuction on ‘lovehandles ‘on her hips.’’
- ‘And thankfully there's not a collagen implant, Botox injection or tummy tuck to be seen.’
- ‘Whether we're contemplating a tummy tuck or a triple bypass, we like to know that we're treating the right symptoms with the proper procedure.’
- ‘A number of states are considering taxing cosmetic surgery like facelifts, tummy tucks, and Botox injections.’
- ‘Soto said even though the procedure is more involved than the traditional tummy tuck, the recovery time is about the same’
- ‘This procedure, like the tummy tuck, removes excess skin and tightens you whole face to reduce the signs of ageing.’
- ‘I was taken to the operating theatre early in the morning, and my surgeon, together with his team, took several hours creating a new breast, while at the same time giving me a tummy tuck and a new belly button.’
- ‘We had one lady who had a tummy tuck done with us.’
- ‘He's getting a tummy tuck, some cheek implants, and a nose job.’
- ‘If you have stretch marks below your belly button and are also interested in having a tummy tuck, then this operation will remove those stretch marks.’
- ‘After a breast lift and a tummy tuck, and shedding a massive amount of weight from her tiny frame, Tessa is ready to take on the world.’
- ‘No longer is plastic surgery limited to facelifts and tummy tucks.’
- ‘If you want to lose weight from your tummy, an alternative may be a tummy tuck, where excess fat and skin is removed from the abdomen.’
- ‘I hope I will always choose home-cooking and personal fitness over ready-meals and a tummy tuck.’
- ‘Months later I had the tummy tuck and the breast-reconstruction surgery.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.