Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A surgical operation to remove excess flesh from the abdomen, for cosmetic purposes.
- ‘Months later I had the tummy tuck and the breast-reconstruction surgery.’
- ‘After a breast lift and a tummy tuck, and shedding a massive amount of weight from her tiny frame, Tessa is ready to take on the world.’
- ‘The reasons why someone may choose to have a tummy tuck include having excess skin, stretch marks or loose abdominal muscles.’
- ‘He's getting a tummy tuck, some cheek implants, and a nose job.’
- ‘Whether we're contemplating a tummy tuck or a triple bypass, we like to know that we're treating the right symptoms with the proper procedure.’
- ‘Medically, the tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, was by no means necessary.’
- ‘This procedure, like the tummy tuck, removes excess skin and tightens you whole face to reduce the signs of ageing.’
- ‘First, she went for a tummy tuck and liposuction on ‘lovehandles ‘on her hips.’’
- ‘I was taken to the operating theatre early in the morning, and my surgeon, together with his team, took several hours creating a new breast, while at the same time giving me a tummy tuck and a new belly button.’
- ‘If you want to lose weight from your tummy, an alternative may be a tummy tuck, where excess fat and skin is removed from the abdomen.’
- ‘If you have stretch marks below your belly button and are also interested in having a tummy tuck, then this operation will remove those stretch marks.’
- ‘Soto said even though the procedure is more involved than the traditional tummy tuck, the recovery time is about the same’
- ‘She underwent a tummy tuck at Christmas 2001 to get back her figure and her confidence.’
- ‘The study revealed that the best place to have a tummy tuck was Argentina.’
- ‘No longer is plastic surgery limited to facelifts and tummy tucks.’
- ‘I hope I will always choose home-cooking and personal fitness over ready-meals and a tummy tuck.’
- ‘And thankfully there's not a collagen implant, Botox injection or tummy tuck to be seen.’
- ‘We had one lady who had a tummy tuck done with us.’
- ‘A number of states are considering taxing cosmetic surgery like facelifts, tummy tucks, and Botox injections.’
- ‘I've had a brow lift, nose job, tummy tuck, jaw re-set and gone from 32AA to 34DD.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.