One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The various shades of red of the tufaceous cut stone used in the construction form a striking contrast with the deep blue waters of the lake and the snow-capped majestic mountains in the background.’
- ‘These deposits, which are associated with mineral springs, are doubtless more or less tufaceous in character.’
- ‘The valley cuts through beds of reddish and brown tufaceous rock, the lower levels of which are fairly soft.’
- ‘It was and still is a very little town, built on a tufaceous rock and accessible only from one point.’
- ‘The lower limestone is impure and tufaceous, but similar in texture to the typical Oamaru building-stone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.