One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A route followed by itinerant rural workers and travellers, as judged by the quality and amount of provisions supplied at stations along the way.‘the track by Baldy Thompson's was reckoned as a good tucker track’
- ‘The men get a little more sociable, talk about water, and exchange hints as to good “tucker-tracks".’
- ‘Sometimes he wandered far outback on a precarious Tucker Track.’
- ‘The great days of the blade-shears and the tucker-track have gone for ever.’
- ‘They had tramped the tucker tracks together for seven years.’
- ‘In the idiom of these parts, I took the tucker-track.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.