One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A completely enclosed tyre cemented on to the wheel rim, used on racing bicycles.
- ‘Once relegated to those racers who competed on tubular tires, this new breed of all-carbon clinchers promises to provide near - 1000 gram wheelsets to those who prefer the convenience of clincher tires.’
- ‘The requirements of a rim for clincher tires are completely different from those of a rim for tubular tires.’
- ‘They specialize in refurbishing tubular tires with new tubes.’
- ‘Tube-type clinchers or tubular tires, on the other hand, can often go flat in a matter of seconds!’
- ‘With similar quality construction, the tubular tire and rim will be lighter and will hold more pressure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.