One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bacterium that causes tuberculosis.
- ‘Depending on concentration, iodophors have a wide range of activity against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, tubercle bacillus, fungi, and viruses and some activity against bacterial spores.’
- ‘Koch correctly surmised that the tubercle bacillus was surrounded by a ‘special wall of unusual properties.’’
- ‘A human being cannot contract tuberculosis without being exposed to the tubercle bacillus.’
- ‘Tuberculosis is an infection caused by a germ called the tubercle bacillus or Mycobacterium tuberculosis.’
- ‘Prevention, through public-health measures, including antispitting ordinances and the disposal of infected milk and meat, became a first line of defense after Koch identified the tubercle bacillus in 1882.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.