One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The part of the hypothalamus to which the pituitary gland is attached.
- ‘They are located in the region between the mamillary bodies and the tuber cinereum of the hypothalamus.’
- ‘The neurohypophysis proper comprises the median eminence of the tuber cinereum, the infundibulum, the pituitary stalk, and the posterior or neural lobe of the pituitary gland.’
- ‘The tuber cinereum is an elevated mound of gray substance between the optic chiasma and the mamillary bodies.’
- ‘Each optic tract can be traced backwards and laterally, its initial segment passing between the anterior perforated substance laterally and the tuber cinereum and mamillary body medially.’
- ‘The tuber cinereum, lying in front of the mammilary bodies and behind the pituitary stalk, is enlarged.’
Latin cinereum, neuter of cinereus ‘ash-coloured’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.