Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for salpingectomy
- ‘Also, a laparoscopic reverse tubectomy was done by doctors on a woman who had lost both children in an accident.’
- ‘In these health centres, no surgical procedures other than laparoscopic tubectomies are performed.’
- ‘A young woman, pregnant soon after a caesarean section delivery, who had come to the gynaecologist's clinic with a request for medication to induce abortion, was counselled instead to undergo tubectomy after the second baby was born.’
- ‘She had not wanted this pregnancy and wanted a tubectomy operation.’
- ‘In reality, the only choice before them is sterilisation through tubectomies.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.