Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for salpingectomy
- ‘In these health centres, no surgical procedures other than laparoscopic tubectomies are performed.’
- ‘A young woman, pregnant soon after a caesarean section delivery, who had come to the gynaecologist's clinic with a request for medication to induce abortion, was counselled instead to undergo tubectomy after the second baby was born.’
- ‘In reality, the only choice before them is sterilisation through tubectomies.’
- ‘She had not wanted this pregnancy and wanted a tubectomy operation.’
- ‘Also, a laparoscopic reverse tubectomy was done by doctors on a woman who had lost both children in an accident.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.