One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A well consisting of an iron pipe with a solid steel point and lateral perforations near the end, which is driven into the earth until a water-bearing stratum is reached, when a suction pump is applied to the upper end.
- ‘Although there is one tube well for every 70 families, the wells are unusable because the water is salty.’
- ‘Apart from that the department would be purchasing new water tankers, construct 25 tube wells and replace old water pipes in the city.’
- ‘In most areas there is a single tube well for hundreds of families.’
- ‘Near two of these schools the tube well is broken.’
- ‘A total of 47 tube wells were identified as being the usual water source for the 60 participants, and a sample of water from each well was tested for arsenic concentration.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.