One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Long, round, and hollow like a tube.‘tube-shaped packages’‘tube-shaped intestines’
- ‘The area evacuated Monday is a separate structure from the tube-shaped boarding and waiting area where the roof partially collapsed.’
- ‘Carbon nanotubes are tube-shaped molecules that are 50,000 times thinner than the average human hair.’
- ‘The rest of the album just falls into place like the pieces inside a tube-shaped kaleidoscope.’
- ‘The face ends in a tube-shaped beak, which often curves to one side as if it has gotten bent.’
- ‘The tadpoles track each prey individually and then suddenly extend their tube-shaped mouths to suck in the prey within 7 milliseconds.’
- ‘An open, tube-shaped structure surrounding the track is designed to reduce noise even further.’
- ‘The small, tube-shaped beacons were designed to pinpoint vessels in trouble at sea to assist rescue missions.’
- ‘The Cannelloni (tube-shaped egg noodles) were stuffed with a spiced concoction of ground beef and herbs.’
- ‘The yolks are then poured into a long tube-shaped mold in which they are cooked.’
- ‘The smooth muscle in the walls of the tube-shaped digestive organs rhythmically and efficiently moves the food through the system.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.