Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An ectopic pregnancy in which the fetus develops in a fallopian tube.‘the non-surgical treatment of tubal pregnancies’[mass noun] ‘she had a history of miscarriage and tubal pregnancy’
- ‘Possibly, the rarity of this diagnosis is because pathologists simply categorize it as an ectopic or tubal pregnancy.’
- ‘The major risks of a tubal ligation reversal include failure of the procedure and ectopic pregnancy also known as a tubal pregnancy.’
- ‘Using a variety of statistical techniques, they discovered that women with a prior history of infertility ran a higher risk of adverse pregnancy outcomes, such as tubal pregnancy, miscarriage or stillbirth.’
- ‘She had a tubal pregnancy, though neither of them knew she was pregnant at the time.’
- ‘One year later she had a tubal pregnancy and needed salpingectomy.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.